Pages

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

preparation for a week in the life project

I’ve decided to play along with Ali Edwards’  a week in the life project this year.  As far as I can tell from reading her posts and looking at some examples, the idea is to record details of daily life for a week.  Doing the project in the same week that she does it means lots of prompts and ideas from her and the online community who are also playing along.  She has chosen April 19-25.

Over the long weekend, one of my projects was to put together the basis for the album that I’m going to use.  I decided to have use plastic page protectors and to do a lot of the writing digitally ontop of the photos.

The cover is purple card and bound with black ribbon

week in life 1

For each day I will lave 4 pages.  1st an A4 photo, printed on card.  Then 4 normal size photos in pockets, perhaps journaling or something else in one of the pockets, perhaps all on a theme.

week in life 2

Then another 4 in the pockets and an A4 photocopy of emails or receipts or lists or other such things from the day.

week in life 3

To decorate it all, give me space to add bits of writing etc I bought a set of black and white stickers – because they will go with everything whatever the colours.  These came from Kikiki the Swedish stationary store.

week in life 4

Looking forward to the start of the project now.  All those empty pockets to fill!

Are you planning on doing a week in the life?  have you done it before?

comment tile

4 comments:

Deb @ PaperTurtle said...

I've thought about taking this class, but I'm not sure I could keep up with it. :o\ Would love to have a week off of work to dedicate...although part of my "week in the life" would have to include my job, right? I'll look forward to seeing what you create...looks like you're off to a great start!

Elizabeth said...

I have so much on my plate right now, I'm going to pass on Ali's Week in the Life. I, too, look forward to what you create and hope you have lots of fun doing it.

humel said...

I love the idea but I'm not quite sure either! If I wasn't already doing the 'Scrap Your Day' project I would definitely do this one, but I wonder if it might be too much to do them both.... Maybe next time round? Or maybe I'll just get sucked in and do it anyway lol? Looking forward to seeing what you create :-)

ComfyMom~Stacey said...

Cute stuff you have together. I do a 'day in the life' on the 10th of every month. I thought about doing Ali's for variety but I'm going to have to wait until summer. April is too packed for me.