Pages

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

inspiring sunset

felt the urge to scrap today (on the computer) and pulled out some photos I took in May when I had a week on the beach after working in Canberra (Australia) before returning to Scotland – just to explain why there are pelicans in the photos. 

I used one of the fabulous free templates from Katie Pertiet – she creates one most weeks for the Sunday Challenges on Designer Digitals.

I also used this layout for the challenge at ARTastic which uses a famous painting each month as its inspiration point – this month it is a sunset by Monet.  I just discovered this challenge site this month – I like the idea and that there is a month to respond.

pelicans in the sun

Journaling reads

Pelicans were the stand out stars of my week on the coast east of Canberra.

I love their silhouette, - it is so distinctive flying and standing on posts, as they do a lot even though they are big.

They look graceful gliding over the water but on land they are awkward and they make a big splash when coming into land on the water

I had stunning sunny weather and lots of light sparkling on the sea which seemed to stretch out for ever.

A relaxing and refreshing week.

3 comments:

Maria Ontiveros said...

These are beautiful! tTanks for sharing,
Rinda

Shazza said...

I'm glad you joined ARTastic this month, your layout is beautiful and photography stunning!

Would love to see you return next month with some more awesome photography!!

I love your work :)

Thanks
shazza

Elizabeth said...

Love the way the sun is shining on the water--just beautiful!