Pages

Monday, September 6, 2010

how well would it age?

how often have you been looking at goods in a shop and wondered how well the items will wear.  Wouldn’t it be great if we have a handy gadget that could give us a peek at how they age.

how-willl-they-age-web

This idea was where I went with the Sunday Creative prompt of ‘time worn’.   The shop in the photo is in Kathmandu, Nepal – it is piled high with lovely paper notebooks, lampshades, albums etc.

I used actions in PSE to create the different ‘ages’ – all from Pioneer Woman they are , left to right ‘Fresh Color’, ‘Seventies’, ‘Heartland’ and ‘Vintage’.  Interesting progression that I’m going to try on some other photos.

The paper is from Design House digital – JenAllyson 365 Journal paper 6.  The staple is from klund.  The font is j.d.

7 comments:

Justine said...

I like what you have done to this picture, it looks so interesting, makes me want to go and buy paper from it.

Elizabeth said...

I'd love to see the store in person. You did a fantastic job on aging it.

Deb @ PaperTurtle said...

Yes, I often wonder when I see paper goods how well they will hold up.

It's fun to see the different "ages" used in Photoshop side-by-side like that! I have a hard time noticing the difference sometimes and seeing them side-by-side makes it more obvious for someone who is so "visual" like me. :o)

ComfyMom~Stacey said...

Very interesting look on the photo

urban muser said...

very creative.

Jan said...

Cool!!!

Clare B said...

Great interpretation of the prompt and interesting to see how the different textures alter the photo.