Pages

Friday, September 24, 2010

wonderful old photo

A photo of me, aged one, with my new puppy appeared in the local newspaper at the time (not sure why).  I now have a digital scan of the photo which I used in a simple ‘for the record’ format. I haven’t included the names in this version because these details are often part of the security questions asked for online secure logins. 

I like the basic format for some of the key older photos – easy to change the colours and the element in top left, and then just add the basic facts.  I adapted the ‘awesome’ template from Cathy Z.

for-the-record-pet-web

[Hibiscus created using the hibiscus font;  record is in rub this font, other writing is in fineliner script font.  Background is a texture from ShadowHouse Creations.  Design started with Cathy Z layered template.]

The colours and element were inspired by the ARTastic monthly challenge which uses a famous artwork as the starting point – this month it is Frida Kahlo’s Self Portrait with Monkey.

2 comments:

Gilding Lilies said...

How cute!

Deb @ PaperTurtle said...

ADORABLE photo, Helena! I love seeing stuff like this. xo