Pages

Saturday, January 1, 2011

photo a day–the end

Happy New Year – may 2011 be all that you want it to be.

I decided that the final photo in my photo a day 2010 book would be of me with my camera.  Only slight technical problem was that I do not have a full mirror unpacked yet – so I took my camera with me when I did  the supermarket shop and went into the clothes section and used one of the mirrors there – just another strange situation during the journey.

FINAL-SHOT

I’ve enjoyed the project but will not be doing it in 2011. I like variety and am not good at repeating projects.

I remembered to take a photo every day, mostly because I carried my camera with me all of the time, in my bag, in my pocket.  I suspect that having a point and click is an advantage in this respect.  During the year I took over 4 000 photos. There were 5 or 6 days when I was searching for inspiratation in the evening and ended up with ‘around the house’ shots.

I didn’t have any plan for the subject matter for the photos.  Doing a rough count up of categories: food was the most common on 37, followed closely by indications of the weather on 35.  There are 10 self-portraits and 11 in airports or airplanes which is a fair representation of the amount of flying I have done this year.

I will be having them all printed as a photobook.

In 2011 I’m going to do a monthly photo summary instead.  I’m planning on 4 pages for each month and may include some of my digiart from that month.  I also like the idea of choosing a few categories which I photograph each month and then create a page of the 12 at the end of the year, like Stacey did.

5 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Great last photo! I was wondering if you would continue doing a photo a day. It's too great a commitment for me but I have enjoyed watching your progress. Congratulations on your achievement.

Deb @ PaperTurtle said...

I love that you included a photo of yourself with your camera as your final shot. It's perfect!

I am impressed with your commitment to take all those photos and I'm sure your final printed book will be something to treasure. All the best to you in 2011, Helena!!! xo

Maria Ontiveros said...

Congrats on finishing! I am in awe of all of you who managed it.
Rinda

Sian said...

You have done brilliantly Helena! And I love how you finished up with a personal shot - good to see you :) And a happy New Year!

humel said...

Great idea to finish with a self portrait, and great way to take it :-) I was really interested to read about your plans for 2011, too, I was wondering what you'd do. I find that I can't stop!! But I'll be ringing the changes as much as I can. Look forward to seeing your summaries xx