Pages

Sunday, March 13, 2011

signs of spring

thankful-1

Free overlay from Ali Edwards, promised as the start of an occasional series. I like that she has used 3 digits – suggesting the series could reach 100 or more.

I found it interesting how the overlay works really well on some images and has no impact on others.  I tried it with the spring flowers but there was too much happening in the picture behind the words.

Having to restrain myself from adding words of explanation to the photo. 

3 comments:

Lizzie said...

Jolly nice! I love "Pussy Willow" - we used to have it on the nature table in primary school and we loved to stroke the little furry buds on it. It does always make me think that Spring is on the way.
Great photo - love that blue sky! It suits the overlay very well - I suppose it will work best on pictures with a nice clear bit of "white space" (or blue space) on the bottom r/h corner.

humel said...

It does work well with that photo :-) Love blue skies!!

Unknown said...

Beautiful picture! I haven't used Ali's overlays yet, but this makes me want to try it out!