Pages

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

the writings on the wall

Purple – my favourite colour – is the challenge this week at Twinkle Twinkle and I’m using another of the more political Dr Seuss quotes with my digi art experimenting.  Having chosen this quote, the phrase ‘the writing is on the wall’ kept circulating in my head so I used it as a pointer in my play and it seemed to go well with the power connotations of the colour purple.

dr-seuss-purple

The background used several gradients then a wall texture and grunge brush from ShadowHouse creations.  The font is stencil and the hand drawn box is from Ali Edwards.  As always I’ve used bevel layer style too – in this series it is the one effect I’ve used every week.

I’m really going to miss this series when the challenge ends – I might have to do some more on my own if there are more colours to use.

When you have some online browsing time have a look a the wonderful range of creativity that is posted weekly in responce to this challenge – you will find the linky list here.

7 comments:

Mandy said...

this is fabulous...oh...i am so enjoying all your dr suess quotes...you know when i was talking to my hubby and son about your work and dr suess quotes they both ran to my little ones bookshelf to get 2 of our copies of oh the places youll go...what a wonderful site it was father and 6 foot 3 inch son reading dr seuss...so cute,....son then preceeded to research him and filled me in on many interesting facts on him...ie...he is NOT a dr...shock horror!!!lol...xxx

Sharon said...

Great purple creation and I love the Dr Seuss quote!

Šolanje na domu-Waldorf said...

This looks really great! Love the quote, too. :)

Deb @ PaperTurtle said...

Lovely purple piece, and I really like that quote. Your PhotoShop skills amaze me, Helena! I still want to take you up on that online class you're offerring, but I'm afraid it will have to wait until after our move. Hopefully you'll still be offerring it by the time I'm set up and ready!

Daniele Valois said...

I love using Dr. Suess quotes often! nicely done!

Kristin said...

This has been such a great journey with you - I love your projects and the quotes you select are fabulous. Love your purples here - thank you for sharing, xo

ComfyMom~Stacey said...

It looks wonderful! Love the colors