Pages

Friday, September 2, 2011

Summer photo scavenger hunt–instalment 10

One of the questions on my mind this summer has been ‘what makes a pirate look like a pirate’?  prompted of course by the item on Rinda’s scavenger hunt list.

This is what I had in mind

But unfortunately it is a statue I walk past and not the specified ‘person dressed as a pirate’.

On the first day of the Fringe I was hopeful of finding pirates and spotted these two

but was not convinced – seemed to be swashbucklers and lacking the skulls, missing limbs and parrot.

In the last week of the Fringe I saw that a group were advertising Pirates of Penzance so set off to find one of the performers in costume. 

rinda-pirate

Not what I had expected but I asked him (Nathan) and he said he was in the pirate chorus.  And he is holding the flyer for the show

rinda-pirate-2

So I’m using him as my pirate. 

4 comments:

Alison said...

Sounds fair enough to me, Helena!
Alison xx

Sian said...

Sounds fair enough to me too!

Ginger said...

I wouldn't have known had you not even mentioned it :)

A Box of Chocolates said...

ha ha i love the yawning pirate he is yawning isn't he?