Pages

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Halloween NY style

When I heard the dates for my workshop in NY I was excited that it covered Halloween so I could see the special things in the shops.  I was even more excited to hear about the annual Village Halloween parade and to find a spot where I could watch some of it.  In fact the journey to and from the parade was equally entertaining as many adults were dressed up as anyone in costume can join the parade.  Some amazing costumes – I absorbed the atmosphere and sights rather than trying to take crowd photos when it is dark.

I decided to focus one of my travel photobook NYC pages on Halloween

biograffiti_focus-19-NYC

The large photo and the other one of skeletons are the puppets at the start of the parade.  The cakes and loaf with the cat I spotted in shops.  I ate some delicious dark chocolate cupcake with lurid orange frosting too.  The carved pumpkins were outside an apartment block and the trough of pumpkins were outside a restaurant. 

The template is by Biograffiti (being retired in November).  More of my take on NY tomorrow.

3 comments:

Alison said...

They really do know how to celebrate Halloween in the US!
Alison xx

ComfyMom~Stacey said...

Great photos! Looks like a fun parade. I miss that sort of thing now that we live so far from any urban area

Miriam said...

What a brilliant site to see! It looks such fun. Makes my pumpkin look a bit sad!!