Pages

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

not a typical October weekend in NY

Snow in New York City in October for the 1st time since 1952 – on the weekend I visit !

not typical

Some was still in piles the next morning but the pavements were clear

not typical 2

I was expecting cold weather so I had come prepared with boots, coat etc. 

The other site I walk past each day as I leave my hotel is the tent protest on Wall Street.  On Sunday I took some photos.  Of the protest

not typrical 3

 

not typcial 4

and the large groups of police in evidence

not typical 5

I also did a whole lot of more typical things – more on those later in the week

6 comments:

Sian said...

I'm glad you were prepared for the weather! That top picture has such a great atmosphere to it - real "Christmas in New York" stuff!

Lizzie said...

I was quite amazed to read of the huge snowstorm that hit the Eastern side of the US - in October! Some friends have had their power out, trees were down, snow everywhere... amazing!
Hope you've been having some fun, despite the weather - and the workload.

Elizabeth said...

Oh, what a shame you got caught up in not only the snow storm, but the Wall Street protest.

You must come back another time because NYC can be so much fun.

ComfyMom~Stacey said...

I was wondering if you were going to be near the protests. BuUmmer about the weather though

alexa said...

Really interesting to see both!

Ginger said...

Looks like you had an interesting time in NYC. We usually have snow by now, we just passed a record for no snow. I don't mind, we usually have the stuff for far too long! I look forward to more photos of your trip.