Pages

Friday, December 30, 2011

memories, dreams and reflections 2011–part 3–the seasons

Back to the computer after a relaxed family Christmas with plenty of yummy food and laughter, a jigsaw, lego and very few photos.

Looking through my photos from the year, I picked out items for Ashley’s list to represent the seasons – hard to pick one.  I found it hard to focus on the photos that I had rather than the image that I have in my head for each season.  I only have photos of snow on one day in 2011 but nothing else said winter to me!

8-by-8-glimpses-of-2011-3

I regularly take photos of my feet – I have done for years.  These also provide a nice summary of the seasons: spring I’m walking the beach but still in boots, summer I’m in the garden weeding and in light shoes, autumn there are fallen leaves and I’m back in boots; and the snow and my wellies for winter.  [Frame from  The CoffeeShop Blog].

seasons-feet

5 comments:

Miriam said...

Ooh I love the idea of pictures of your feet to showcase the seasons! and your pretty boots!! Great frames too.

Sian said...

I really like both of these. You can say a lot with a few well chosen photos.

We haven't broken onto our new jigsaw yet - that is for this afternoon I think

Darla said...

What a wonderful way to review the year. I see lots of water, I love being by the water.

Thanks for stopping by my place for a visit.

Darla

Maria Ontiveros said...

The feet shots really capture the seasons so well.
Rinda

Jimjams said...

Love the idea of these shots through the year on one page - especially the feet ones!