Pages

Friday, December 9, 2011

‘tis the season for lights and cards

Last weekend the local community council had its annual torchlight parade along the highstreet with local pipebands and lots of local families – all kids who take part are given a chocolate selection box at the end.  According to the notice the parade finishes with carol singing but actually the band played and a few people murmured some words but there was no great joining of voice in song.  it would help if the organisers chose carols that lots of people know and had someone on the microphone to lead the singing – maybe next year.  No-one minded though – we were there for the lights (and the chocolate, and when there aren’t renovations in the theatre for mulled wine and a mince pie).  The lights are lovely – there are the usual ones on the streetlamps but I love the light wrapped trees.

tis-the-season-1

I’ve added a tree image and a second button to my ‘tis the season button for my recording of the seasonal sightings and happenings.

weekly-dec-4-1

I personalised some stocking cutout cards that I bought and attached a chocolate tree decoration inside for some of the more young at heart of my family (including my nephews in their early 20s and my Nan who is 95!).  I had to attach a small clothespeg to each so that it would stand up – js

3 comments:

Deb @ PaperTurtle said...

Beautiful photo of the lights, Helena, and your little stocking cards are adorable.

humel said...

Oh, those lights are SO pretty! :)

Ginger said...

The tree is spectacular :)