Pages

Friday, May 17, 2013

#bytheriver goslings

gosling-2

On my daily walk by the river I glanced across and noticed that the geese had goslings with them (memory flash of school homework learning the male, female and young of different birds and animals).

I walked round closer and realised there were three families together – I was interested to see that one pair is native (orange beak, above), one is Canada Geese (black necks, below) and one pair is one of each (below left).

goslings-1

They were comfortable with people around and long as they were not too close. Just as well as I was not the only person watching, or taking photos.  Lots of people stopped to look and everyone left with a smile.

I took lots of photos and decided to put them together in a montage

goslings-4

I’ll be keeping an eye out for them over the coming weeks – they don’t stay fluffy for long.

5 comments:

alexa said...

That is a stunning montage! So effective ... I saw some last weekend but my snaps are nowhere near as good as yours ...

Anonymous said...

very cute!

Maria Ontiveros said...

That montage is beautiful! I love the one photo in it where the goslings on nestled on the goose's back.
Rinda

Miriam said...

How gorgeous are these! Loving your montage.

Anonymous said...

What a great looking montage! We haven't seen many goslings around here in the past few years.