Pages

Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Signs of Summer

For the last 2 years I have participated in 2 fabulous creative online challenges and I’m delighted that both hosts have posted their ‘get ready’.

Rinda’s summer photo scavenger hunt has me snapping new images; hunting across town for items; walking along scouring the ground; and visiting new places (a labyrinth last year and an historic graveyard in 2011).  I enjoy the variety of items that Rinda includes on her list.  I enjoy the challenge and having all summer to find the items.  I enjoy the need to be aware of what is around me so that I don’t miss the elusive angel statue or person on a unicycle.  And I really enjoy seeing how others are doing and learning about the international differences on something as basic as a washing line.

If you haven’t participated before then I highly recommend you take the plunge this year – all you need is a camera and a willingness to keep your eyes peeled for the items.

Here are my 2 collections

hunt-album_thumb[1]

rindas-photo-hunt-5-SEPT_thumb[1]

 

Kristin’s Summer of Colour invites us to create something each week based on a colour, or group of colours.  One of the things that I enjoy about this challenge is that participants use a wide range of mediums so alongside my digiart I will see embroidery, drawings, mixed media, photography and nail polish.  I also enjoy the challenge of creating using particular colours without adding any others.  The challenge involves 6 weeks of creativity and I, along with many others, create 6 pieces that come together, such as a banner or set of cards.  Last year I created pieces to spell the word ‘create’ to hang on my craftroom wall

create-for-web 

The year before I created pieces using Dr Seuss quotes

seuss-brown

and had some printed onto mugs

aug-12-(1)

Each year I have found this challenge and the gallery of work that is shared to be really inspiring.  I’d encourage you to participate in whatever medium you love, or want to play with.

Now I have to decide on the format I will use to display my scavenger hunt and the theme for my colour creations.  And of course I’ll be sharing my progress over the summer.

3 comments:

alexa said...

These mugs look fabulous! It's going to be a delight to watch you creativity unfold over the summer ....

Maria Ontiveros said...

Thanks for the shout-out. Maybe I'll play along with the color challenge this year - I've always really liked seeing your posts on it.
Rinda

Miriam said...

What a great post. I will look at the colour challenge too, thanks for the link. The mugs are a brilliant idea.