Pages

Tuesday, July 23, 2013

enjoying some jazz

The festival season in Edinburgh started this weekend with the jazz festival and free music on Saturday.  Knowing there would be crowds and that at my height I would not get great shots of the bands I decided to concentrate on capturing some details of the event. 
Even then it was not easy as taking photos through gaps in the crowd meant I often had shots like these

jazz-1
as people moved into my shot.

But I did manage to capture some musical instruments and details within the crowd of dancing and other photographers and drinks and applause. 
july-2013-4
I’m pleased with the result and plan to repeat this for other aspects of the festival season.

4 comments:

alexa said...

That's a lovely (and clever) montage! To be in Edinburgh at festival time sounds wonderful ...

Miriam said...

Oh I love this, it captures the event so well. Love the cameras, the empty glass, the bunting the instruments and I really love the people walking into your shots...

Maria Ontiveros said...

I love photos like this which capture the behind the scenes aspects of events.
Rinda

Gail said...

I love how you've used the sometimes annoying aspects of people getting in your pictures as part of the festivities. A great outlook.