Pages

Friday, May 30, 2014

They grow up so fast

I spotted a pair of new goslings by the river this week

g3

and realised just how much the other goslings have grown in the two and a half weeks since I first saw them at that size –

g5

g7

They were really close because a woman and her toddler daughter were feeding bread to ‘the ducks’ (I feel a strong desire to say loudly to myself – ‘hello GEESE’ !)

They really do look like gangly youngsters rather than cute, fluffy babies now – although still cute when they huddle up together

g1

The cygnets are still around too and there are still 7 of them

s1s2

and I often see all the families together – I assume for safety

g6

I haven’t suddenly grown tall, nor have I taken to carrying a ladder or long camera pole – there is a handy pedestrian bridge over the bank where they tend to hang out.

4 comments:

Cheri said...

They do indeed grow up quickly. Lucky you to live near enough to get there and get so many photos over time.

Also, just wanted to say THANKS so much for the Happy Mail! Much appreciated. Some bits will be making an appearance soon in my journal! :)

Miriam said...

Absolutely beautiful Helena.

Maria Ontiveros said...

They are so cute when they are little.
Rinda

Anonymous said...

Love that first picture of the swan and the sygnets. What you didn't magically get taller overnight?