Pages

Wednesday, January 28, 2015

pairs week 4 celebrates asymmetry

When I was planning my trip to visit an old school friend at the weekend I though there would be opportunities for a then and now pairing but nothing gelled - in part due to the very small number of photos I have of my school days.

But as soon as we walked into the award winning new University library building I knew I had my pair with the amazing asymmetrical atrium. The hole on each floor is staggered from the one below and each is an irrgular shape - it feels like you are in a frozen whirlwind.

I'm enjoying the variety of pairs - both in looking for something to use as my pair and in the lovely vareity of pairs that you are sharing.  Any kind of pair that makes sense to you is welcome and there are some ideas on the pairs page.


9 comments:

Prairie Jill said...

Oooh - love the look of that atrium! So creative.

Miriam said...

I think it's mesmerising Helena, a great Pair.

Eileen T said...

That's a wonderful style of architecture. It looks amazing!

Sian said...

This is a really intriguing one. Well spotted!

I'm the same. I have virtually no pictures of my school days. So different to TSO's experience: photos for them have become disposable in a way. They take some, delete lots, save a few

Anonymous said...

wow- what an interesting staircase...and how different it looks depending on viewpoint!

Maggie said...

That is amazing. Well captured.

Sandie said...

Wow that is amazing.... I didn't used to like modern architecture
but sometimes it is eye catching.

Karen said...

Whoa, those are great!

Maria Ontiveros said...

These are both very cool views.
Rinda