Pages

Monday, May 11, 2015

me on Monday

back at my computer after a hugely enjoyable and full weekend in Glasgow seeing my nephews and watching 45 rugby 7s games over 2 days.

10-may-15-b

I’ll share photos of the action later in the week.  Today I wanted to share a flavour of the event – as you can see the stadium is not massive so everyone had a good view of the action – our seats were in the front row on Saturday and 4th row on Sunday – which was an advantage during the wetter parts of the day.

There was plenty of entertainment in all the short breaks between games – such as the mascots joining the cheerleaders

10-may-15-(19)

and appreciating all the groups who had dressed up for the occasion – something very odd in seeing a section of the audience all looking the same

9-may-15-(2)

with a game of audience ‘where’s wally for any slack moments’ – there are 2 in this photo. 

Plus regular exhortations to join in with singing (sweet Caroline is still stuck in my head) and of course having to choose which team to support in each game and then joining in with lots of cheering and chanting – Kenya and Fiji had the most noticeable groups of fans – in terms of colour and noise.

And every time Scotland was playing there was extra spectacle with flags and cheerleaders and a special graphic of Nessie scoring a try whenever the team scored

10-may-15-(16)

Waving to everyone and wishing you all a good week – I’m off to spend to catch up on you all with the 109 posts waiting for my in my reader.

7 comments:

Sian said...

It sounds like an absolute blast! I think you'll be carried through the rest of the week by the thoughts of Sweet Caroline and a lot of cheering. Have a good one!

Maggie said...

Looks like a good time! What a lot of activity and fun!

MELODY JACOB said...

NICE BLOG DEAR,
i followed your blog, please follow back
http://melodyjacob1.blogspot.com/

Prairie Jill said...

What a fun weekend!
Waving back to you ...

Alison said...

Sounds like fun...I got a real buzz seeing Oor Wullie dancing with the cheerleaders!! Xx

Missus Wookie said...

Looks like great fun - glad you had good views too. Waving back and not even thinking about how many posts are waiting for me....

Miriam said...

Waving to you Helena, it sounds like a fun weekend. I love all the different costumes. That first panorama/fisheye is lovely