Pages

Monday, October 5, 2015

me on Monday

waving to everyone on a decidedly autumnal day.

It was a third successive weekend of rugby and crochet – with 4 more to come as the Rugby World Cup works through to its Halloween final.  I thoroughly enjoyed all the games but recognise some of my lovely blogreaders will be disappointed by England’s loss.

I did spend some time away from my sofa – at some free book related events at a local library including an interesting discussion on the idea of bringing wolves back to Scotland and how their return would drastically change the landscape as the number of deer and rabbits would decrease and so more plants would survive and thus new habitats emerge.

And I spotted a recent resident on my river – I’d heard one had been spotted in the spring but had not seen it until this weekend when not only did I see the Kingfisher but it stayed still long enough for me to get a nice photo

3-oct-15-(5)

Wishing you all a good week.

14 comments:

debs14 said...

We are definitely not mentioning rugby around here! Although I drew Australia in the work sweepstake so who knows if that will bring me good fortune?!
Lovely photo of the kingfisher, what a lucky find.

Eileen T said...

That's a fantastic photo of the kingfisher.

Ruth said...

A kingfisher posed for you? How lovely! Huge disappointment in the rugby, but we still have the other Home nations to cheer on.

Sian said...

I don't think I've ever seen a kingfisher. they're quite small aren't they? smaller than they look?

I kind of like the idea of bringing back the wolves..in a romantic way lol

Yes! to the rugby. Very enjoyable.

Have a great week Helena

Louise H said...

I have seen kingfishers when we have been canal boating but have never been lucky enough to 'snap' one - and what a wonderful photo it is too. I'm working on the fact that I consider myself to be from the UK so I can claim Scotland, Wales and Ireland as my 'home teams' too x

Patio Postcards said...

Handsome KingFisher - great photo. Interesting read about the wolves. In all of North America there is great debate about the wolves. I am thankful that in Northern Ontario we still have them wild in Algonquin Park, a last stand for them. I hope you have a wonderful week

Barbara said...

I wonder if wolves would ever come back to Scotland, there are always a lot of negative people who really do not like wolves. It must have been an interesting talk.

Lovely to see the kingfisher, I haven't managed to see one yet.

alexa said...

How wonderful to see and then capture that kingfisher! Super ...

Jennifer Rose said...

how great you got to see the Kingfisher! :D

Maggie said...

Lucky you catching that kingfisher or perhaps I should say clever you. I'm not so sure about the wolves.... What about the sheep?

Karen said...

I know I've never seen a kingfisher; beautiful bird and great capture!

Susanne said...

That is a great snap. I hope your week is going well.

Lizzy Hill said...

Gigs from this Aussie re the rugby!!! TBH- I was a tad sad that England got beaten ... Never mind! Wolves eh? Interesting.... We have foxes here - but of course, not content to feast on rabbits they go for sheep - then the farmers get upset. I wonder if a similar thing might happen .... Waving from a Monday fan!!!!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful photo of the Kingfisher! Sounds like an interesting talk on wolves. We've got a rabbit problem here but I don't think they would consider bringing in wolves.